Deus Ex Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deus Ex Forums

A forum created towards the production of computer games. (Flash, Game Maker, Etc.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Sprites and Other Artwork

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sniper308

Sniper308

Location : All over the internet and few places in the real world.

My Sprites and Other Artwork Empty
PostSubject: My Sprites and Other Artwork   My Sprites and Other Artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:22 pm

Obviously the title speaks for itself, this is my gallery sprites or no sprites. They'll be organized but take a look if you are interested.

Sprites:
My Sprites and Other Artwork MyWholeBody26-10-09My Sprites and Other Artwork KianSpriteNekoChank-1My Sprites and Other Artwork 000WholeBody1

RPG Maker XP Sprites:
My Sprites and Other Artwork 016-Thief01-BoxMy Sprites and Other Artwork 019-Samurai02My Sprites and Other Artwork 148-Gas-Masked-Soldier02-1My Sprites and Other Artwork 308-Snipe01-1My Sprites and Other Artwork NinjaGirl01

Other Sprites:
My Sprites and Other Artwork DemoPics

Page Artwork:
My Sprites and Other Artwork ERMv10Cover

Banner Artwork:
My Sprites and Other Artwork Cactuar
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionrevolution21.freeforums.org/
Mr. Jaks
Dev
Dev
Mr. Jaks

PostSubject: Re: My Sprites and Other Artwork   My Sprites and Other Artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:54 am

Now I like that Fedex box there.
Back to top Go down
Crater

Crater

PostSubject: Re: My Sprites and Other Artwork   My Sprites and Other Artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:16 pm

You're Pixel Arts as they should be referred to as, are very boxy and malformed, as well as having no clear light source. Also, it's gotta pretty fucking uncomfortable to stand with your feet spread in opposite horizontal directions.

On the first one, the right arm, his right, extends much too far. It should not extend as far as the left arm, as part of it should be covered by the body. The jacket should not just suddenly end all the way around in a straight line right above the waist of the pants.
The shoes have been mentioned and the light source is fucked up.

For the second, the same problems are apparent, i.e. fucked up light source, uncomfortable feet, and generally sloppy line art.

I also find it odd how some things have a black outline, and some do not.

The third is just horrible. The main body has little shading, and that little shading is just thrown randomly about the legs and the bottom of the torso. The plasma effects look pillowed to me.

Your RPG sprites are okay, but have flaws of their own.

First, I'd like to say I love that FedEx box, but it needs more contrast. You can hardly see the shading. I am also confused as to why the back leg is completely shadowed out. It should be visible, but only use the darkest shade of grey and brown to color it.

Whatever the next thing, be a samurai, shaman, or whatever, is rather well done, but the hat stands out. Everything else has a black outline.

The next thing is outlined and shaded oddly, and once again, you shadow out one foot on the sideways sprites. Also, only one of the eyes should be visible on the sideways sprites, unless he tilts his head every time whenever he walks in that direction.

The next sprite is also out of style with the guy with the hat. No black outline, and the hood has no shading at all. I'm not too good at capes, so I can't really tell you if it's bad or good.

The shading on the final sprite's head wear is rather layered and doesn't look like cloth or a helmet. The shadowed foot actually makes sense on her, as you used the darkest shade for it. Her shoulders, however, are curved.

On the other sprites, the first one looks like a recolor of the example character from RPG maker.
The next two just have jagged line art and awkward shading or an unknown light source.
Back to top Go down
Sniper308

Sniper308

Location : All over the internet and few places in the real world.

PostSubject: Re: My Sprites and Other Artwork   My Sprites and Other Artwork I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:04 am

I'm not really sure to take some of that as compliments or insults. Maybe I didn't mention that the RPG Maker Sprites and the ones you hate so much above them were of 4-5 months ago. I do agree with the shading is off and it looks boxy but at least some effort was put into it. The 3rd was made specifically for a friend and that's the way he wanted it, no way I could do anything for it.

Reasons the legs are shadowed out is because it was made like that for RPG Maker XP. I find it inferior but I must make stuff look like it's from RPG Maker.

For the others, the picture basically represents the size comparison of RPG Maker Sprites I can make. The first one is actually one of the default sprites. The others are not common RPG Maker sprites but unfinished bigger ones.

I can't say that I like the criticism there but I can say it was helpful. For that, I thank you. I'll make sure to do way better next time I post another sprite.
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionrevolution21.freeforums.org/
Crater

Crater

PostSubject: Re: My Sprites and Other Artwork   My Sprites and Other Artwork I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:14 am

Don't take any of it personally; I am an asshole, but I do try to actually critique rather than just insult the entire work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sprites and Other Artwork   My Sprites and Other Artwork I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Sprites and Other Artwork
Page 1 of 1